Open a Fund
OJCF offers several different types of funds to help you achieve your philanthropic goals. Below are the most common:
Donor Advised Funds:
- An easy-to-use current charitable giving fund
- Enjoy administrative convenience, cost savings, and tax advantages by conducting your regular
- charitable grant making through the fund
- May be opened for as little as $1,800. Minimum fund balance of $5,000 required for the privilege of making grants. Read more about donor advised funds here >
- Permanent, secure funds offered by OJCF that support the community in perpetuity
- May be named after you or a loved one
- Each year, earnings from the fund are granted to your charity of choice
- Receive current income tax charitable deduction
- Avoid estate taxes on contributed assets
Charitable Gift Annuities:
- A contract between you and OJCF in which you make an irrevocable gift of cash or securities ($10,000 and above) and you receive immediate, guaranteed lifetime payments
- The remaining value at your passing benefits OJCF’s Community Endowment Fund
- Receive a partial charitable income tax deduction on the original gift
- A portion of the payments you receive is tax-free.
- Capital gains taxes are spread over your lifetime on gifts made with highly appreciated assets owned for longer than 12 months
- For information on specific rates or to create a charitable gift annuity, please call Julie Diamond at 503.248.9328
For descriptions of other types of planned giving vehicles, click here.
Opening a new fund with OJCF is an easy process. Simply fill out the applicable form below, sign, and mail it to us with your check. If you plan on opening your fund with stock, you can give our completed stock donation form to your broker and we will take it from there. If you would like to open your fund with a gift of real estate or by any other means, please call us at 503.248.9328 and we will guide you through the process!